At Easington Colliery Primary School we have a Sports Committee made up of children from Years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
The 15 children were selected after completing a short application form where they had to outline how they met the job criteria.
- Good at communicating
- Team work
- Well organised
- Passionate about sport/school developments
Upon being appointed, all children have received a diary, whistle, stop watch, t-shirt and bag.
The roles and responsibilities of a Sports Committee member can be seen below.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Discussing upcoming sports events
- Making suggestions to improve delivery of P.E. and Sport
- Suggest possible developments to sporting facilities on-site
- Order new equipment/tidy existing sport stores
- Apply for grant funding
- Adding information to school website
- Deliver sports activities to younger children
Currently our children have been involved in discussing sports events, tidying equipment stores and ordering new equipment. In the next few weeks, children will begin delivering activities to children during lunch times on the yard.