Welcome to Easington Colliery Primary School
I am delighted and proud to be able to introduce myself as the Head Teacher of Easington Colliery Primary School, which sits at the heart of the local community.
I was born in Easington Colliery, have lived and worked in the local area for many years and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the education and raising the aspirations of our young people.
Working together as a team, both myself and the staff aim to provide a supportive and caring environment, inspirational teaching and the latest technology and resources. Our curriculum has been carefully planned with the national curriculum statutory expectation in mind, but more importantly with our children and community at the centre, to ensure it is meaningful and purposeful, engaging and challenging and supports our pupils to be aspirational, in pursuit of their hopes and dreams.
We believe working in partnership with parents is crucial, if we are to ensure all of our children feel safe, happy, valued and achieve their full potential. I look forward to seeing you at school events, assemblies, social occasions or even for a quick chat on the school yard!
I hope this website will give you a flavour of Easington Colliery Primary School – a unique place where your child will flourish.
Miss B Jones – Head Teacher
- Promoting the highest academic standards in all aspects of an innovative and enriched curriculum to maximise the potential of all our children and broaden their horizons
- Ensuring that all pupils receive an education suited to their individual needs
- Ensuring all pupils feel included and valued in an environment where respectful relationships exist
- Raising self-esteem and striving to ensure every learner has the confidence and resilience to persevere and succeed
- Supporting pupils and their families
- Providing positive role models
- Recognising success through practice and reward
- Ensuring a well-resourced, pleasant and stimulating environment
- Fostering positive links between our school, home, the local and wider community and the local partnership of schools (PPTSA)